Wednesday, June 9, 2010

SOA

Well... it's official. Last night I just found out that I've been accepted into the BYU School of Accountancy.

I don't really know what to say or think. I guess an accounting degree is what I've decided to do with my life though.

Honestly, thinking back, I have never had a real "when I grow up I want to..." dream. I love life and I love most everything I do. I have always enjoyed school and tried to work hard and learn in every class I have taken. I love music and playing in the symphony, but I've always seen that as more of a great hobby and talent on the side. Math and science were always strong subjects for me, but as I thought harder about an engineering degree, it just didn't seem right. I'm not exactly sure who the first one was to suggest accounting, but I do remember the four words that immediately crossed my mind...

What? Why? No. Boring.

I'm sure that's the way most people feel about the subject. Yet somehow here I am on the path to making a career out of it.

I've always been good with numbers and had a penny-pincher mentality, so I feel like it's a good fit for me. I enjoyed the pre-req classes too. But honestly, I've barely scratched the surface of learning what exactly accountants even do. I guess I'll learn soon enough though. :)

Wish me luck these next few years. If you need me, I'll be in the Tanner building.

1 comment:

  1. Sam! I just noticed you blogged! Congrats on getting in...I knew you could do it! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete