Thursday, February 4, 2010

Life is good

"Oh, what a beautiful morning.
Oh, what a beautiful day!"

If anyone can name what those lines are from (without googling it-you cheaters!) you win 17 gold stars (see this post for further info in gold stars).

But anyways, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, and I just wanted write something happy. I could probably even continue the chorus...

"I've got a beautiful feeling,
Everything's going my way!"

School isn't so busy for me this semester, which is way nice. I'm only taking 13 credits, and most of my classes don't require a ton of time outside of class to do homework and stuff. I'm working about 12 hours a week and playing in two orchestras and a couple intramural sports, and I still don't really feel too stressed or pressed for time. It's a feeling I haven't had for months, and it's a nice relief.

One thing that's really gone my way recently is my viola playing. I never practice as much as I should, but somehow I ended up getting 5th chair in the Philharmonic. I think I was 11th before chair auditions last week, and I expected to stay in about the same spot. Of course I practiced and was prepared for my audition, and I felt like it went well, but I had no idea it apparently went that well. The only people in front of me are the 4 seniors. I'm not even a music major, and I know there are several people sitting behind me that practice a ton and are overall better players than me. But, on this one audition for Mahler's 5th symphony, everything seemed to go my way. I haven't sat so close to the conductor since high school! It's pretty sweet.

Well I was going to write about so many more happy things in life - my awesome ward and friends and so forth - but my laptop battery is dying and I forgot my cord.

Apparently not everything is going my way.

But overall, life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Oklahoma the Musical!! 17 gold stars for me? Yay!

    I'm glad life is good. We should hang out so it can be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sam on the new chair #!!! We are excited for the concert and will certainly be there to cheer you and Tom and Sarita on as we soak in the beautiful music and try not to let our pride disturb the other listeners. Don't forget the fun Cousins' -- Cousins' -- Cousins Party that afternoon before the concert. See you there!!!

    ReplyDelete