Saturday, September 26, 2009

So much time, so little to do

Wait. Strike that. Reverse it. Until today I've always attempted to invest a fair amount of time to my blog writing. I wanted all my posts to be somewhat witty, somewhat interesting, and somewhat well written. I am somewhat giving up on that goal today. There is just too much to do that--gasp--takes priority over blogging. Trust me, I would immensely prefer writing a good blog entry over writing a good paper for my history class, but I don't get to make those kind of decisions. Homework is my slave driver and I do as I'm told. So I appologise to all my avid readers, because I know I'm just so popular. Speaking of which, I'd just like to give a shout out to you. Yes, you. Thanks for reading my blog. That whole "I'm so popular" comment was supposed to be sarcastic, but thanks to you my pointless ramblings aren't published for naught. What a tragedy it would be to put so much time and effort into writing, only for the fruits of my labors to rot away as a miniscule string of binary code tucked into the deepest darkest corner of cyberspace. Man, I feel bad for all the "Terms and Conditions" authors now. No one ever reads their work, and they got college degrees to write that stuff! Maybe we should all think about that next time before skipping to I Accept.

Anyways, it's interesting to see where I end up after starting with no purpose, theme, subject, goal, or other form of direction to my writing. I'm really not that sympathetic for authors of legal jargon - their own life decisions landed them that job. But I really am grateful for those who read my blog. You make me feel like I'm somewhat loved...or like my writing is a somewhat better time waster than twittling your thumbs... or like I'm being somewhat stalked. In any case, you get three gold stars. And keep track of those, they're valuable. 500 gold stars get you a really sweet prize like a sticky hand. Or if you're really ambitious you can save up 1,000 platinum stars (worth 10 gold stars each) and get a giant stuffed platypus. Now, I better stop writing before this stream of conscience stuff spirals too far out of control.

The End

p.s. 10 platinum stars go out to Kylie, Stephanie, and Cassidy for being the greatest fans ever at my tennis match. In the words of Eeyore the Donkey, "thanks for noticing me."

4 comments:

  1. It's been ages since I've won a star! Sweet! Your stream of conscience spiral was a fun ride. And you know how I feel about Eeyore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 10 platinum starts? Wow...I was thinking I should get at least 50. Maybe that's asking too much? I think I'll award you about 30 for taking my advice and mentioning me on your post! And then 10 more to me for giving such great advice.

    Oh boy...this is getting a little out of hand...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the stars :). It was fun watching you play today, I learned a lot about tennis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I didn't even know that I got stars! Does that mean I get a stuffed platypus? Maybe a stuffed Sam Powell doll so I can be the best fan ever. Is that too creepy? Oh gosh...

    ReplyDelete